CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE COURSE – PRETORIA
A Certificate of Compliance Course will be held at the ECA(SA) Pretoria on 23 April 2018.
This course is for people who are applying for a wireman’s license, for registered electrical contractors who need to be updated and/or any other administrative staff who help people to complete CoCs.
Those who are applying for a Wireman’s License should note that this course is the theory required by the Department of Labour for Unit Standard competency. Once you have attended this course and have passed the test, you will receive a letter and a certificate of attendance from the ECA. This course does not constitute the complete Unit Standard requirements and is only a small part thereof. Attendees will be advised about the complete requirements during the one-day theoretical course.
The course will be held at the ECA(SA) Regional Office at 1074 Francis Baard Street, Hatfield, Pretoria from 7.45am for 8am until 5pm. Attendees should park at 1072 Francis Baard Street.
The cost of the course for ECA members is R1 380 per person and non-members, R2 010 per person – this includes a course manual with relevant material; coffee, tea and refreshments; and lunch.
- Registration criteria – Department of Labour (DoL)
- Fault-finding list (example)
- Details of installation (matrix)
- Annexure 1 – CoC (1 May 2009)
- Annexure 1 / Certificate of Compliance & Test Report [ECA (SA)]
- Electrical Installation Regulations (Government Notice DoL)
- Electrical Machinery Regulations 2011
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Earth leakage protection (history of earth leakage) – updated version
- Calculation of hourly tariffs (example only)
- S/S main meter room (point of supply)
- Example to work out PSC
- Earth continuity conductors – bonding
- Example of layout of domestic circuitry
- Distribution board layout
- Table 7,3 voltage transformers (SELV)
- Guidelines to estimated year of installation
Please bring your SANS 10142-1 Code of Practice, a copy of the OHS Act with Electrical Installations 2009, a notebook and pen. If you do not have these, you can purchase it from our office.
To register, contact Rika Nel, Regional Training Co-Ordinator, ECA(SA), Bosveld region, Pretoria. She will forward the banking information to you and once payment has been received, your booking will be confirmed.
More info: (012) 342-3242/3358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org