Collaboration between the NBCEI and UIF
The NBCEI and the UIF are about to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement in order to expedite the payment of UIF benefits to the employees affected by the lockdown.
In terms of this MOA, the UIF will make funds available to the NBCEI. The NBCEI will make such funds available to employers to pay employees affected by the lockdown on behalf of the UIF.
How to claim
In order to qualify for payment, an employer is required to submit the following documents:
- The name of the employer
- The employer’s UIF details
- The employer’s bank account details
- Details of the employer’s accountant or auditor
- List of employees and their dates of employment, ID and UIF details
- Letter of Authority, on an official company letterhead granting permission to an individual specified to lodge a claim on behalf of the employer
- The form indicating the applicable instalment period applied for, must be completed and submitted to Council along with the applicable supporting documentation as stipulated
- The Employment status of the Participating Employees
- Proof of employees’ salaries over the last three months
- Three months Certified Bank statement of the Employer and
- Payroll of the last three months or proof of payment for last three months
Where to find the forms
The forms have been uploaded on the Council’s website: http://www.nbcei.co.za/UIF.html
By when should the completed forms reach the NBCEI?
All forms and supporting documents should be emailed to the NBCEI latest by the 10th April 2020 as follows:
- Region A (Johannesburg, Mpumalanga & Free State): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region A1 (Pretoria, Polokwane, Nelspruit, Rustenburg, North West & Limpopo): email@example.com
- Region B (Eastern & Southern Cape): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region C (KwaZulu-Natal): email@example.com
- Region D (Western Cape): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered employers who agree to participate in this COVID-19 relief process will automatically bind themselves to the terms of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) concluded between the UIF and the NBCEI. See generic copy on our website.
- The Council will pay the employer within five days of receipt of the funds transferred from the UIF.
- Each employer must pay the benefit to each employee within five days of the receipt of funds from the Council.
- Employers must submit bank statements and proof of payment of the Covid-19 TERS benefits paid to its employees, to the Council within five days of payment.
- Each employer must submit a bank statement reconciling the amounts received and the amounts paid out to employees.
- Any deviation from the MOA will disqualify employers from participating in this process initiated by the Council, and any employers found to abuse these funds and or breach this agreement will be reported to the authorities.