10 APRIL 2020
TO ALL EMPLOYERS AND EMPLOYEES IN THE ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING INDUSTRY
RE: RETIREMENT FUND CONTRIBUTIONS RELIEF FOR MONTH OF APRIL 2020
In order to provide relief to the electrical contracting industry during the COVID-19 lockdown, Regions A, B and D Retirement Funds have taken resolutions to provide the following concessions to employers in financial distress as a result of not being able to work over this period –
- Employers and their employees are exempted from making contributions towards the savings portion of the Pension and Provident funds for the COVID 19 lockdown month of April 2020, in instances where employees have been unable to work.
- These funds will pay 100% of the risk premiums to keep employees in benefit and will also pay the fund expenses for the month of April 2020.
- These concessions are not applicable to risk only (fixed term contract employee) contributing members, their risk contributions must be paid as per normal to keep those members in benefit.
ALL OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS (i.e. Council levies, Sick Benefit fund contributions etc.)
- All other contributions are payable as per normal should you be operating during the lockdown period.
- Should you not have worked during the lockdown period then these contributions are not payable.
In terms of Region C (KwaZulu-Natal), no contributions are payable if employees did not work during the lockdown period.
The above resolutions will be reviewed from time to time, as and when necessary.
Please note that you will still be billed as normal, and employers and their employees who have not worked during this period may make the applicable deductions from their levies as outlined above.
FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE COUNCIL