The Highveld regional office in Meadowdale will present an Earthing and Bonding course on 26 and 27 March and begin the April round of members’ meeting in MpumAlanga, Wits, Vaal Triangle in March and the West Rand in April. Bookings are open for a Solar PV course on 22 – 23 April.
The ECA(SA)’s Regional Director for the Highveld region, Chris Koen, and Technical Adviser, Anthony Schewitz, have introduced a course with convenient new time slots to suit busy contractors – an afternoon SANS 10142-1 Update course that will be held before the upcoming branch meetings in Mpumalanga, Wits, Vaal and West Rand.
Updates to SANS10142-1 Ed 3 course
This course covers the latest changes to SANS 10142-1, which include:
- A new one-page Certificate of Compliance to be introduced.
- Separate Test Reports have been designed for:
- Traditional electrical installations
- Secondary distribution installations – reticulation in complexes, shopping centres, etc.
- A new series of plugs and sockets has been introduced.
- The requirements for installation of alternative sources of supply, solar PV installations have been edited and clarified.
- Determination of Earth Continuity Conductors (ECC) has been revised.
- The prescriptions for surge protection have been revised and simplified.
- The use of flexible cords (Cabtyre) has been clarified.
- Revision of earthing tables.
These courses will be held at 3pm before members’ meetings at the following Highveld branches:
Mpumalanga branch, 62 Wicht Street, Bethal.
Wits branch, Boksburg Rugby Club, 1 Bank Street, PG Park, Boksburg.
Vaal branch, Old Vaaltonians Sports Club, Abraham Kriel Sreett, Vanderbijlpark..
West Rand branch, Khosa Sports Club, Frederick Cooper Drive, Kenmare, Krugersdorp.
The cost of the course is R500 for members; and R1 000 for non-members. The course books can be bought at the venue (depending on availability).
For more information contact Leola Petersen, PA to Regional Director, Chris Koen, on (010) 271 0686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org