03 APRIL 2020
TO ALL EMPLOYERS AND EMPLOYEES IN THE ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING INDUSTRY
In order to provide assistance to the electrical contracting industry during the COVID 19 lockdown period, the Council has taken a resolution to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the UIF. In this regard, the Council will act as a conduit for firms to submit information, as required by the UIF, to the Council’s email addresses which have been specifically set up for this purpose.
In anticipation of the signature of this MOA, we request registered employers to do as directed below:-
Registered employers who agree to participate in this COVID 19 relief process will automatically bind themselves to the terms of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) as detailed on the Council’s website: www.nbcei.co.za.
Any nonconformity with this agreement will disqualify employers from participating in this process initiated by the Council, and any employers found to abuse these funds and or breach this agreement will be reported to the authorities.
Each Region will have its own dedicated email address where employers can send this required information. The Council will then submit the employers completed templates and supporting documentation to the UIF. The UIF will process the applications and will then pay all qualifying payments to the Council into a dedicated stand-alone bank account set up by the Council for this purpose.
Council will then pay employers their respective payments received from UIF. The payments will be made from UIF to the Council in three installments and employers will also be required to make payments to their employees in this manner.
The following information is required from employers for the 1st payment submission:
- Letter of Authority, on an official company letterhead granting permission to an individual specified to lodge a claim on behalf of the company;
- The attached form, for the applicable instalment period, must be completed and submitted to Council along with the applicable supporting documentation as stipulated;
- The Employment status of the Participating Employees;
- Proof of employees’ salaries over the last three months;
- Three months Certified Bank statement of the Employer and ;
- Payroll of the last three months or proof of payment for last three months.
- Please also refer to the Council’s website in this regard which is www.nbcei.co.za
- The Council will pay the employer within 5 days of receipt of the funds transferred from the UIF.
- Each employer must pay the benefit to each employee within 5 days of the receipt of funds from the Council.
- Employers must submit bank statements and proof of payment of the Covid 19 TERS benefits paid to its employees, to the Council within 5 days of payment.
- Each employer must submit a bank statement reconciling the amounts received and the amounts paid out to employees.
Council must emphasise the need for employers to adhere to the deadlines for submission. The first submission deadline is 10 April 2020 for the period 27 March 2020 to 07 April 2020. Employers who make late submissions will unfortunately be excluded from that submission.
Each Council Region has set up a dedicated email address for the purpose of receiving claim applications, as follows:
Region A (Johannesburg, Mpumalanga & Free State): email@example.com
Region A1 (Pretoria, Polokwane, Nelspruit, Rustenburg, North West & Limpopo): firstname.lastname@example.org
Region B (Eastern & Southern Cape): email@example.com
Region C (KwaZulu-Natal): firstname.lastname@example.org
Region D (Western Cape): email@example.com
Council requests your co-operation and assistance to make this project a success and in order to pay benefits to those that are most in need.
Stay safe during this period.
FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE COUNCIL