JUPITER – THE NEXT GENERATION OF COMPLIANCE TESTING
HellermannTyton has revolutionised the portable instrument market by introducing the new Jupiter, a multifunction multimeter. The Jupiter is the first multimeter to incorporate multiple functions that were only available in individual standard electrical safety testers and professional high-end multimeters – and all this in a portable, compact housing suitable for rugged conditions. Furthermore, the Jupiter compares each measurement with the limits provided by the standards to give a clear ‘OK’ or ‘NOT OK’ result.
The Jupiter acts as a four-in-one compliance tester giving the user four of the six compulsory tests’ results required: earth leakage, loop impedance, voltage and phase rotation tester.
Earth leakage/Residual-current device RCD) tripping time and current
- Measures the tripping time of residual-current devices, types A and AC up to 300 mA and the tripping current of RCDs type AC up to 30 mA (RAMP test).
- AUTO function display shows all six consecutive tests (x1/2, x1, x2, x5, 0°, 180°) for a full RCD check.
- Shows an unequivocal response ‘OK’ or ‘NOT OK’.
Line (loop) impedance and non-trip earth ground resistance
- In TT systems it measures the non-trip earth ground resistance.
- Identifies incorrect connections on the protection cable, detects dangerous voltages on the metal masses and keeps the contact voltage under constant control.
- Measures the Line-to-Neutral, Line-to-Line and Line-to-Ground impedance and calculates the prospective short-circuit/fault current.
Harmonics and THD%.
- Measures voltage and current harmonics showing both numeric and percentage terms.
- Measures the THDV%, and the THDI%.
- The H20 (Higher Harmonic Ordering) function sorts harmonics showing highest values first, so you can easily size filters and protection.
- Measures DC, AC TRMS, AC+DC TRMS current by means of external transducer up to 3 000 A
- With the optional transducer HT96U leakage current can be measured.
- Select the time base to measure the dynamic inrush current of motors and loads (DIRC function).
- AC/DC voltage up to 690 V with LoZ input.
- Automatic polarity indication.
- One-lead phase sequence detection.
- Earth ground resistance L-N, L-L, L-E.
- Low impedance voltage input to eliminate ghost voltage readings.
- 6 000 counts.
- CATIV 600.
- Two-year warranty.
The Jupiter allows electricians to complete their work quicker, safer and with less tools on site. The multimeter also includes a quick-release battery compartment and two test lead holders on the back for easy two-hand testing.
The Jupiter is the precursor to a range of new products from HellermannTyton, notably the Mercury (due for release in January 2019) and the Neptune.
More info: +27 (0)11 879 6600