BOOK NOW FOR COC COURSES TO BE HELD IN GAUTENG IN FEBRUARY
The ECA(SA) will conduct two Certificate of Compliance courses in February – the first at the ECA(SA)’s Pretoria offices on 5 February, and the other at the Meadowdale offices on 15 February. This comprehensive one-day course is for electricians who have passed the trade test and want to apply for registration as a Registered Person with the Department of Labour; and for electricians who already have a Wireman’s License, but who would like to do a refresher course to keep up with DoL’s requirements.
It is also intended for conveyancing attorneys’ staff members and estate agents who want to know more about the CoC.
To book a place for this course, contact Leola Schroeder on (011) 392-0000 (Meadowdale) or Rika Nel on (012) 342 3242 (Pretoria). They will email the necessary forms to applicants, which must be completed and returned with proof of payment.
Only 25 candidates can be accommodated per class.
07h30 – 08h00 Pre-class Tea and coffee
10h00 – 10h15 Tea break Tea and coffee with morning snacks
13h00 – 13h45 Lunch break Healthy lunch provided
15h00 – 15h15 Tea break Tea and coffee
17h00 End of class
When organising transport, keep in mind that the course may only finish at around 18h00 as the finishing time depends on how long students take to complete the examination.
The cost of the course is R1 380 per person for ECA members and R2 010 per person for non-members; this includes course material, writing pads and pens, tea and coffee as well as a healthy breakfast and lunch for delegates.
- Registration criteria – Department of Labour
- Fault-finding list (example)
- Details of installation (matrix)
- Annexure 1 CoC (1 May 2009)
- Annex 1 / Certificate of Compliance & Test report (ECA (SA)
- Electrical Installation Regulations (Government Notice DoL)
- Electrical Machinery Regulations 2011
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Earth leakage protection (history of earth leakage) – updated version
- Calculation of hourly tariffs (example only)
- S/S main meter room (point of supply)
- Example to work out PSC
- Earth continuity conductors – bonding
- Example of layout of domestic circuitry
- Distribution board layout
- Table 7,3 voltage transformers (SELV)
- Guidelines to estimated year of installation
Meadowdale: Leola Peterson on +27 (0)10 271 0686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pretoria: Rika Nel on +27 (0)12 342 3242 or email email@example.com