The next Certificate of Compliance course will be held at the ECA(SA) head offices at 91 Newton Road, Meadowdale on 13 July 2017. The cost of the course is R1380 per person for ECA members and R2010 per person for non-members; this includes course material, writing pads and pens, tea and coffee as well as a healthy breakfast and lunch for delegates.
To book a place for this course contact Leola Schroeder on (011) 392-0000. She will email applicants the necessary forms, which must be completed and returned with proof of payment.
Only 25 candidates can be accommodated per class.
07h30 – 08h00 Pre-class Tea and coffee
10h00 – 10h15 Tea break Tea and coffee with morning snacks
13h00 – 13h45 Lunch break Healthy lunch with cold drink
15h00 – 15h15 Tea break Tea and coffee
17h00 End of class
When organising transport, keep in mind that the course may only finish at around 18h00 as the finishing time depends on how long students take to complete the exam.
- Registration criteria – Department of Labour
- Fault-finding list (example)
- Details of installation (matrix)
- Annexure 1 CoC (1 May 2009)
- Annex 1 / Certificate of Compliance & Test report (ECA (SA)
- Electrical Installation Regulations (Government Notice DoL)
- Electrical Machinery Regulations 2011
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Earth leakage protection (history of earth leakage) – updated version
- Calculation of hourly tariffs (example only)
- S/S main meter room (point of supply)
- Example to work out PSC
- Earth continuity conductors – bonding
- Example of layout of domestic circuitry
- Distribution board layout
- Table 7,3 voltage transformers (SELV)
- Guidelines to estimated year of installation
More information: Leola Peterson on (011) 392 0000
Or use the booking form:
The Highveld region of the ECA(SA) held a Certificate of Compliance course on 15 June at the Meadowdale office. Attending this popular course are: (front, kneeling) Andrew Nwatchok; (second row, seated) Mark Ungerer; Alfred Maphumulo; Mzukisi Mbunyuza; Paul Moloto; Patrick Mothoeng; Matsobane Masebe; (back, standing) Chris Koen, Regional Director (Highveld ECA); Daniel Makhene; Ockert Groenewald; Mulalo Netswinganane; Eric Masindi; Sheldon Sarajpaal; Bertie Herbst; and presenter, Patrick Tanksi (Three-D Agencies).