TWO COC COURSES COMING UP IN JOHANNESBURG AND PRETORIA DURING JULY
Two Certificate of Compliance courses will be held in Gauteng during July. The first, on 12 July, will be presented at the ECA(SA)’s Highveld office; and the second at the Bosveld office in Hatfield, Pretoria on 23 July.
Anthony Schewitz, Technical Advisor, will conduct two the comprehensive one-day course for electricians who have passed the trade test and want to apply for registration as a Registered Person with the Department of Labour; and for electricians who already have a Wireman’s License, but who would like to do a refresher course to keep up with DoL’s requirements. It is also intended for conveyancing attorneys’ staff members and estate agents who want to know more about the electrical CoC.
- Registration criteria – Department of Labour
- Fault-finding list (example)
- Details of installation (matrix)
- Annexure 1 CoC (1 May 2009)
- Annex 1 / Certificate of Compliance & Test report (ECA (SA)
- Electrical Installation Regulations (Government Notice DoL)
- Electrical Machinery Regulations 2011
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Earth leakage protection (history of earth leakage) – updated version
- Calculation of hourly tariffs (example only)
- S/S main meter room (point of supply)
- Example to calculate PSC
- Earth continuity conductors – bonding
- Example of layout of domestic circuitry
- Distribution board layout
- Table 7,3 voltage transformers (SELV)
- Guidelines to estimated year of installation
The cost of the course is R1 450 (incl VAT) per person for ECA members and R2 110 (including VAT) per person for non-members; this includes course material; writing pads and pens; tea, coffee, breakfast and lunch. Only 25 candidates can be accommodated per class.
For more information on course dates and bookings, contact Leola Schroeder on (010) 271-0686 (Meadowdale) or Rika Nel on (012) 342-3242 (Pretoria). They will email the necessary forms to applicants, which must be completed and returned with proof of payment to secure bookings.