Hard copies of the latest version of the wiring code: SANS 10142-1:2020; The Wiring of Premises, Part1: Low-voltage installations are now available from all ECA(SA) regiona. As stock is limited, these will be sold on a first come, first served basis. The price is R1 050.00 however, members who have paid their membership fees will be able to purchase Edition 3 at the member’s price of only R860.00. Contact your local regional office to arrange payment and reserve your copy and to arrange collection or postage.
Join the ECA on 18 September for an online course that covers all the changes in Edition 3. Contact your regional office to book your place at the course, which is held via Zoom so you can attend from the comfort of your home office wherever you are in the country! Call Leola Petersen at the Highveld office for more information.
Updates to SANS 10142-1 Ed 3 course
This course covers the latest changes to SANS 10142-1, which include:
- A new one-page Certificate of Compliance.
- The hazardous location and medical location test reports have been updated.
- Separate Test Reports have been designed for:
- Traditional electrical installations
- Secondary distribution installations – reticulation in complexes, shopping centres, etc.
- A new series of plugs and sockets has been introduced.
- Test report for the installation of surge protection.
- The determination of Earth Continuity Conductors (ECC) has been revised.
- The prescriptions for surge protection have been revised and simplified.
- The use of flexible cords (Cabtyre) has been clarified.
- Revision of earthing tables.
Book by clicking on this link: https://forms.gle/9Rmiw1V4NXNdAEpA9
or contact your closest regional office:
91 Newton Road, Meadowdale Ext.2, GERMISTON 1401
(010) 271 0686
1074 Francis Baard Street. Hatfield, PRETORIA 0002
(012) 342 3242 / 3358
188 Lilian Ngoyi Street, Morningside, DURBAN 4001
(031) 312 6313
Unit 10, Brydon Business Park, 3 Third Avenue, Newton Park, Port Elizabeth
(041) 363 1990
Unit 40, Frame Park, Phillip Frame Road, Chiselhurst, EAST LONDON
(043) 726 6359
8 Protea Street, Old East End, BLOEMFONTEIN
(051) 447 0859
Doreen Gwabini email@example.com
46 New Market Street, CAPE TOWN 8001
(021) 462 2690